Home
Home
Home
Contact Erica
About Books Events Blog And More!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Scary? Vairy!

Only in Washington, DC would a six-year-old girl say (as one did in Franny's class): "Guess what I'm going to be for Halloween? I'll give you a hint: she's in the Senate!"

I froze momentarily in a parental panic. I don't think my child knows any senators. (In fact, I'm not sure I could cough up that many guesses, though if she had said the Supreme Court, I could have done a respectable job... of course, since the Court's not long on women justices, it wouldn't have been too hard...). Luckily, the little girl blurted out the answer: HILLARY CLINTON!

Wow.

Okay, I admit it. I was a surprised that a six-year-old girl, when presented with costume options ranging from princess to angel to bride to cheerleader to Barbie to... (hey, wait a second. Maybe Hillary is not such a bad costume idea after all.) But seriously, that a child given the opportunity to transform herself for one magical day into ANYTHING in the whole wide world would choose to don a bright suit and helmet hair (and NOT because she was going as a DoodleBop). Only in Washington, DC, I guess.

Plus, I hope she realizes that she's going to have to report all those Milky Ways and Skittles as campaign contributions. Might be wiser to decline them so questions don't get asked later. Either way: pretty scary!

Suddenly, dressing as Barbie doesn't seem like such a bad idea after all.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?