Home
Home
Home
Contact Erica
About Books Events Blog And More!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

NINETY-THREE!!!

Check it out!!!
It's my new book NINETY-THREE IN MY FAMILY!
And it's finally out!

And GUESS WHAT? It’s a Book Sense Autumn 2006 Pick! Which means your friendly neighborhood bookseller (and your friendly neighborhood internet superstore a.k.a. http://www.amazon.com/ ) might actually have it in stock. Let your feet or fingers do the walking and find out. Books make excellent presents for kids (and classrooms!) and I am happy to personally sign any book that I wrote.
(I mention this because recently I was asked to sign a Corduroy book. I had to politely decline since, technically, I’m not Don Freeman).

And here’s some MORE cool news: I’m doing readings this fall in New York City, Boston, Washington, DC, Baltimore and beyond. Scroll down to the bottom of this e-mail to check dates – it would be really wonderful to see friends and friends of friends, so please help me spread the word! Come hear me read the new book and check out my new non-chicken hat.

Speaking of spreading the word, I want to say THANKS to all of you for championing my first book, CHICKEN BEDTIME IS REALLY EARLY. Everything you’ve done - coming to readings, asking for the book at bookstores and libraries across the country (and in many foreign countries!), sharing it with your friends and families, writing reviews of it (on http://www.amazon.com/ and http://www.bn.com/) – has meant the world to me. The little chicken book that could is now in its fifth printing, thanks in large part to your tireless grassroots support. So please keep up the good work! Write an on-line review, tell your local library or newspaper about the book, read it aloud on public transportation, carry it in your bag wherever you go (oh, wait, that’s my job)… every little bit helps, really!

I hope you enjoy NINETY-THREE IN MY FAMILY. I must confess that I’m hugely pleased with how the book came out. Illustrator Mike Lester (of A IS FOR SALAD fame) channeled this book’s unique spirit in much the same way George Bates did CHICKEN BEDTIME's. I hope you have as much fun reading it as I did writing it.

All the best,

Erica
erica@ericaperl.com
http://www.ericaperl.com/

Erica’s Not Quite Ninety-Three Fall Book Tour Dates (But, Hey, Who’s Counting?):
Saturday, September 16
, 12-2 pm at Books of Wonder (18 W. 18th St. NYC) & 3-4 pm at the Strand Bookstore (Broadway & 12th St. NYC)

Wednesday, September 27, 11 am at Aladdin’s Lamp (Arlington, VA)

Sunday, October 1, 3:30 pm at the Baltimore Book Festival

Tuesday, October 3, 10:30 am at Politics and Prose (Washington, DC)

Saturday, October 14, 10:30 am at Aladdin’s Lamp (Arlington, VA)

Saturday, October 28, 2 pm at the Cleveland Park Library (Washington, DC)

Saturday, November 4, at Wellesley Booksmith (Wellesley, MA)

Saturday, November 18, at the NCTE (National Council of Teachers of English) Annual Conference (Nashville, TN)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?